Sunday, September 16, 2012

Chapter 1; pages 3-7



"Oh fine, I'll stop. Oh gods, look who it is." Jenna said. As I looked up I saw who it was. Tammy, aka the most popular girl in the school. And oh god she's coming over here. She's been after Brad for months now. Crap! If she sees me with him she can really hurt me. Not literally, since she’s afraid of breaking a nail, but she could destroy my semi-social life.
                "Um, I'm going to go get a soda from the vending machine. Anyone want anything?" I said standing up.
                "Um, yeah and I'll come with you." Brad said getting up too.
                "No," I said to quickly. I turned around and walked away. I could tell that Brad was following me. I also knew that I needed to get out of the cafeteria. So I practically ran out of there. When I stopped I realized that I was right next to my locker. I opened it up and got out some chips. I sunk to the floor and started to scarf it all down. I was starving because I had not eaten lunch yet we were all planning on getting our lunches after Jenna's story. Suddenly I heard a lot of footsteps coming from the way I had come. Suddenly Brad, Mike, and Tucker came around the corner half running.
                "Oh there you are," Tucker said jogging up to me. "What the hell was that about?" He said offering me a hand up.
                "Um, it's a long story." I said taking his hand and pulling myself up with his help.
                "We got time. Now tell us what this is all about." Said Brad, stepping up and taking my hand.
                "Fine. Okay, you know Tammy?" They all nodded "Well she's, like, totally into you Brad, and she doesn't like when I'm around you." I said. "Okay. Well, it wasn't that long of a story." 
                "Um, what does that have to do with you totally leaving us all?" Mikey said starting to backup.
                "I told you she doesn't like me with Brad, and why are you backing up?" I said looking at him closely.
                "Well, I kind of left my girlfriend waiting there so I'm going back, plus I'm starving." He said and turned around and started to walk away.
                "Come on let’s get back," Tucker said jogging to catch up with Mikey.
                "Okay, but if I get killed, I'm blaming you." I said and starting to walk with them. Brad had come up behind me and put his arm casually over my shoulder." I'm serious," I said with a totally straight face. We all burst out laughing. I rounded and I stopped laughing, because there at the end of the hall, was Tammy and all of her little preppy friends. "Ah, shit." I said out loud so the boys could hear me. Oh god, she bribed the football team to help. I'm a dead woman. All of my friends looked up and fell silent.
                "Gold, do you remember what I told you to do last week?" Tammy said glaring at Brad’s arm that was slung over my shoulder.
                "How many people did you have to have the football team kill so you could become queen? Oh, wait, you’re not queen, sorry," I said walking forward and slipping out of Brad's arm.
                "Shut up. I told you to stay away from him and you didn't heed my warning." She said walking forward as well. She walked up until we were about a foot apart. "Guys, why don't you hold on to these fine gentlemen?" Tammy said and the football team walked forward and grabbed Tucker, Mikey, and Brad by the wrists and stood behind them. Then Tammy's hand shot out aiming for my face, but at the same time my hand shot out and caught her fist.
                "Wow, I underestimated you. You really can fight. I can honestly say, I thought you were bluffing. Of course, the bluff didn’t really scare me because you were wearing all pink. But, apparently, you’re willing to get a little down in the dirt.”
“Shut up!” Tammy snapped trying to get her fist free.
“Look, let’s get something straight. I hate you and you hate me, and if you hit me I will hit you back and I honestly don’t want to get into a fight. Got it?" I said looking her in the eye. She nodded. "Good," I said turning away. I walked up to Tucker and grabbed his hands from behind him and tore them from the other guys hands, then walked up to Mikey and did the same thing. When I walked toward Brad he was already taking his hands out of the other guy’s hands. I walked up to him until I was about an inch away from Brad and glared up at the other dude. "I think we're done here," I said taking Brad's arm and bringing him over to Tucker and Mikey. “Let’s go back to the cafeteria." I said starting to walk away. They just followed with baffled expressions in their faces.
                When we got back to the cafeteria Jenna ran up to us. "Where were you?" She said looking at me, then Mikey, then Tucker, and Brad.
                "Um, I forgot something in my locker and I suddenly remembered it so I went to go get it and the guys thought I was in trouble so they went after me.” I answered as we settled down at our table again.

No comments:

Post a Comment